To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born,
and a time to die;
A time to plant,
and a time to pluck what is planted;
A time to kill,
and a time to heal;
A time to break down,
and a time to build up;
A time to weep,
and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones,
and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace,
and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to gain,
and a time to lose;
A time to keep,
and a time to throw away;
A time to tear,
and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence,
and a time to speak;
A time to love,
and a time to hate;
A time of war,
and a time of peace.
-Ecclesiates 3:1-18 NKJV
Everything has its time.
Everything happens,
and eventually ends.
Everything.
Wonderful things end.
Sad things end.
It always ends.
And now,
sadly,
it's the ending of 2008.
Oh well 2008.
What does it mean to me.
2008.
I gained different experiences.
I got to know more about myself.
I got to know more about God.
I got to know people.
I got to know how bad people are.
I got to know about life.
I learnt things.
I learnt how to smile during bad times.
I learnt to improve.
I learnt to change.
I learnt that I'm never alone.
I learnt to stand on my own.
I learnt not to depend on others.
I learnt to face things on my own.
I learnt to decide on my own.
I learnt about faith.
I learnt to trust.
I learnt about real life out there.
I learnt about the truth.
Although it hurts,
I still learnt how to accept it.
Without You Lord, I wouldn't have this day.
Without You, I wouldn't have learnt those.
Without You, I wouldn't have stood up when I fell.
You were always with me.
You were always there for me.
You were always by my side.
Lord, You guided me throughout 2008.
You coloured my life more than ever.
Thank You Lord, for always being by my side.
Thank You Lord, for directing my paths.
Thank You Lord, for 2008.
2008, indeed, is a wonderful year.
A year that changed me more than ever.
And I believe, that 2009,
it will be a better year.
More things to come.
More challenges.
More changes in me.
You'll guide me through everything,
and with You,
I can even achieve the impossibles.
2009,
it will be a better year,
but still,
2008,
I'll never forget this year.
I love 2008.
I'm gonna miss you.
Always.
I'm JessMinn,
ending the last post of 2008.
=)
No comments:
Post a Comment