Friday, January 18, 2013

The Perks of being me

HAHAHA who would think that being me rocks? No one, but the present-me. Amen.

Despite all those sheets that I have gone through in life, it's good to be me, at times. Once in a while God would throw a concert in Sunway Lagoon, and with His blessings, I have by far gone for two without having to pay a single cent for the tickets. Both of which I do not fancy thaaaaat much, but hey, who doesn't like free things?

My first experience was two years back then. I was at the beach with my sisters and my mother, when all of a sudden we received a phone call from one of our many lovely aunts, informing us that she had managed to get us three complimentary tickets for the concert (sort of) to be held that very night. You know what's better than three free tickets to a concert? Three free VIP tickets to a concert. And my sister was a big fan of this Korean boyband, Beast. In less an hour after that phone call, we found ourselves on our three-hour-journey to KL.


My second experience was last year. Wanting to be able to say 'I have seen Justin Bieber in real life!' without lying, I got my hopes high in getting complimentary passes to MTV World Stage, thinking that my aunt would be able to help. I'm not a fan of Justin Bieber though; I wanted to know how it feels like to meet someone that famous. A day before the event, my aunt had confirmed that she was able to get me four passes. Oh, finally, I was blessed enough to be able to witness someone very famous perform.


Meeting Ryan Higa required a huge lump sum of money, but it was all worth it. This part of the post does not belong here, but I just wanted to announce that I have met the sweetest human in the world. For RM188+.

My third experience of enjoying a concert for free? That would be tomorrow. I never thought that this could happen... Thank God for answering my prayer. Thank God for my aunt, thank God for all His blessings. After experiencing 'Calling' - LIVE - tomorrow, I would be able to die with lesser regrets.

Oh my God I'm so excited right now. I hope I will be able to sleep later, because I would really need it.


Into the streets, we're coming down, Swedish House Mafia.

No comments: