Monday, January 14, 2013

Starbucks Update

I rarely write about Starbucks. I also rarely write about informational things. So please bare with me as I write something informational about Starbucks today. I figured that no harm would be done by sharing good stuffs. After all, what I am about to write is what every Starbucks fan would want to know, if they do not know about it yet. If this costs me my job, well, my luck. 

Here are some of the recently launched promotion and great stuffs that Starbucks Malaysia has to offer as of January, 2013:

1. 1st Special

Taken from Starbucks Malaysia's Facebook

1st Special is newly launched this year and will be implemented for the rest of the year. Bring your parents to Starbucks on the 1st of the month, and enjoy a 50% off for your second handcrafted* beverage. If you only just found out about this and have missed it this month, it's okay - there are 11 more months to come. Set a reminder for every 1st of the month in your phone, maybe?

*Handcrafted beverage here includes all hot and iced beverages and Frappucinos, and EXCLUDES bottled juices and teas. (Anyway, how many of you would go to Starbucks for bottled beverages?) 

2. New Starbucks Cards

The Starbucks New Year Card and Starbucks Valentine's Card on the left, and the Starbucks Birthday Card on the right. The minimum activation amount for the New Year and the Valentine's card is RM50 each as they are both limited editions, whereas as per usual, it's RM20 for the Birthday card. I personally like the Birthday card a lot because I find it very colourful and cheerful - the many floating balloons, the candle, the colourful sprinkles. It's pretty and perfect for a birthday gift. Or a secondary birthday gift. Heh.

3. New Starbucks Card rewards

From this year on, apart from the usual beverage, cake, tumbler and more rewards, there are TWO additional rewards that all Starbucks Card users will be able to enjoy: the Food Reward and the Coffee Press Reward. With every 7 food items purchased using your Starbucks Card (may be accumulated, just like the beverage reward), you will get to enjoy a complimentary Classic Doughnut - one of the bestsellers in Starbucks. On the other hand, purchasing a coffee press from Starbucks using your Starbucks card will reward you with a complimentary packet of 250g whole bean.

4. Winter Promotion
Taken from Starbucks Malaysia's Facebook
New beverages, new food, new coffee, new merchandises. The beverages introduced this time round are Hojicha Tea Latte and Soy Green Tea Frappuccino blended beverage. Just like Green Tea Latte, Hojicha Tea Latte comes in hot and iced. For those who do not know, Hojicha is a type of Japanese roasted green tea. I have tried it, and I personally think that it tasted rich and good. There are also new food items such cakes, desserts and some snacks. The mugs and tumblers come in a huge variety, with most of them New Year/Snake-themed and Valentine-themed. The photos in the picture above consist of only part of the many new promotional items, so do visit your closest Starbucks outlet to check out the rest of them.

By the way, do you know that you could get 10% off your total bill if you use your AmBank credit card in all Starbucks outlets in Malaysia? I hope this post helps. Good night. I want Swedish House Mafia tickets.

2 comments:

J-remyx said...

OMGOSH thankiu very much..! X) I do hope you don't get into trouble for posting this. SHM eh, I'll pray for you. I'm wanting badly to attend a concert too, Paramore's concert but oh well.

God bless ;)

Jess Minn said...

haha you're welcome :) and i don't think i will lah. haha. and oh you prayed for me? thank youuuuuuu!! I'll pray for you too and your prayer shall be answered too! :D