Sunday, April 14, 2013

An Insight

A typical me-customer conversation at Starbucks:

Me: Hi, good morning! Can I get your order, miss?

Customer: I want a Mocha.

Me: Alright. Hot, iced, or ice-blended?

Customer: Hmmm... A hot one.

Me: Alright. Having here or to-go?

Customer: Oh, to-go.

Me: Okay. Size for your drink? Tall, Grande or Venti?

Customer: The regular one.

Me: Alright a Grande one. Would you like whipped cream on top of your Mocha?

Customer: Oh yes, please.

Me: Okay then. Can I get your name please?

Customer: My name? Why would you need my name?

Me: So that we won't mix up your drinks, miss.

Customer: Oh. Just put 'SM'.

Me: Alright.

(Me to fellow barista: To-go Grande Mocha for SM!)

Me: Anything else, miss?

Customer: Yes. A... A caramel... What's its name again?

Me: Caramel? Did you mean the hot one, the iced one, or the ice-blended one?


.... And the whole cycle repeats. Sometimes I almost convince myself that my job is interesting. Almost.

No comments: