My first year in secondary school was comfortable; I didn't have to step out and reach out to people, and so I didn't. When I was put into an entirely new environment during Form 2 with unfamiliar faces and situations, there I was pushed to try mixing around, being less dependent on others. I remember how I hated being in that class at first, separated with all my close ones, but thank God for all the nice people who treated me as part of them. I was blessed enough to remain in the same class with the same people the next year, but up til now, for some vague reasons, I miss being 14 the most.
It was during Form 3 where two very important people brought in the turning point of my life. They encouraged me, and made me lead. They molded a part of me that I would have never been bold enough to become, and up til now I still am truly, truly grateful for them, grateful that they changed my life.
Fourth year in school didn't seem like the fourth year. Time just kept passing and passing. Little did I know that it was going to be the best year in my life, ever. Honestly. Everything was good, life was almost perfect. Bonds started to form, but it didn't happen as rapidly and as vigorously as during Form 5. It's funny that it took us all one long year to even start getting to know each other, but that's what made our friendships even more special, I guess. We were just a little bit more than classmates during Form 4, but in 5 Cerdik, everyone is there with each other, for each other. Somehow, there's this great bond among us that connected one another. Oh, the times where everyone would just be themselves - where people would sing, where people would come out with more and more nonsensical things by day, and where we would do crazy things and laugh together. There were too much memories created in 5 Cerdik - so much happiness came out of it that I'm actually afraid that I may never be able to experience such goodness ever, again.
![]() |
| 5 Cerdik, SMKAA, class of 2011 |
This is probably the one thing that I would not be able to let go. I acknowledge the end of our wonderful journey together, but I could not accept it. How I wish we could all advance our studies together. How I wish we could continue living with each others' difference. How I wish that we wouldn't grow, that things wouldn't have to change.
But they say that change is the only constant in life.

No comments:
Post a Comment