Goodness glorious gracious did I just typed out the word 'exam'.
Yesterday in the process of baking a cake (told you the mixer is my new best friend) I suddenly came up here and sat down and then clicked on to Google Chrome and then went into Youtube and this is what I typed into the search engine: Junior Master Chef.
Because they are almost half my age and they can cook/bake/whatever-a-chef-does better than me and I needed inspiration and all those, you know.
Don't wonder why is there not a picture of the cake here, wonder why would someone post an epic failure on her blog. (I call the cake, biscuit.)
So enough of yesterday's story, because I am supposed to write down my resolutions for this year in this post and the time limit I set for my resolution post was until January so I am actually 17 hours overdue and I am so very sorry about that I am going to say something about time management in my resolution... I am promising here okay.
Before adding or modifying my 2011 resolutions, let me look back at and comment on my, well, pre-resolution:
2011 resolutions
1. Seek God, trust God, listen to God for 365 days in 2011. Working on that...
2. Eat McD only once a month. (12 meals out of 365 days, God bless me) Succeeded! :D I'm a proud McD lover.
3. Discipline myself whenever I come to face the wonders of the computer and internet. FAILED
4. Study everyday until I am officially exam-free. MEGA FAILED
5. Read the bible EVERYDAY. GIGA FALIED
6. Spend less money. Need to save money for a dot com HAHAHAHHAHA just joking. Improved I can say... Improved.
7. No outings. (If decided that this can never be achieved, this will be very sadly removed from the list.) Be gone and be removed, oh what nonsense this sentence is.
I therefore, hereby decide, that I need a new resolution list, that goes like this:[Edited at 10pm++]
2011 resolutions:
1. Put God first. In everything. It's Him I live for everyday.
2. Eat McD only once a month. Oh yeah 11 more meals to go this year. I rock.
3. No computer on weekdays unless necessary. Tweeting/blogging/checking Facebook updates is absolutely NOT a necessity please understand okay thank you.
4. Study everyday. Do homework everyday.
5. Read the bible every morning before school/tuition/church.
6. Resist awesome temptation. ONLY buy the needs. Save money for uh.. A semi-DSLR. Good enough. I'm an average person.
7.
8. Learn how to cook and bake and get the kitchen to love me. I am very determined. Thanks for Junior Master Chef for the inspiration most awesome TV program ever after.. Well. Can't think of any right now.
9. Somehow, just somehow, somehow get myself a semi-DSLR by next year.
10. Straight A's in every test/exam. A- is also an A.
11. Read more. At least a book a month. That's the only way to improve my lousy English...
12. Build up my self-discipline. Ignore the computer if it is a weekday. Ignore the bed if there is any unfinished work. Ignore split ends and distance myself from scissors all time. Ignore food as frequent as possible. Ignore everything else in the world including my own benefit's sake but something if tomorrow is a deadline for something.
13. Manage my time well. I guess this means less sleeping (less, not NO) because I can tell you, I spent most hours in January sleeping. True story. So well. Appreciate time. Handle it well. Time is our enemy. Time is our enemy...
14. Tell lies only when necessary. White lies are inevitable. Lies which turn out to be jokes are stupid so no joking-lies. (In other words, joke less. Because most jokes I tell are lie-related.)
15. Major improve on sight-reading - play the piano more often.
16. Stop losing rulers. Or pens. Or worse - erasers.
I may be updating the list from time to time as the list above (in purple) is not finalized yet due to my poor judgment and concentration at this late hour. Laugh hard - if you must - at 4, 6 and 8, do not provoke me to modify 2 and 7, do not deny 16 because I know you want 16 very much too. 14 used to be a good habit of mine but it somehow abandoned me and now I'm trying very hard to get back to that habit. As a start of achieving my resolutions, right now, I am going to do 12 and 13 which is disciplining myself - not sleeping too late, and managing my time well - not sleeping too late.
P.S No. 9 is very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment