Hi. My name is Jess Minn and I have a life.
One life.
We praise God when we get an A for Add Math, when we win in a competition, or even when we've found our phone charger after hours searching for it. Yes. Our God is big and He does awesome awesome things. Bigger and greater things that you could never have imagined. He does big things - most of the time unexpectedly, and sometimes, we just don't understand His way. When things don't go our way, we often start to question Him, not remembering that God has a reason in everything He does and He has a plan for each and every one of us. I did not take it well when I got my PMR results. No, I certainly did not. Well I was a fool then. I thought that by having faith is enough, forgetting the verse in James that says, all faith without work, is dead. So yeah. Maybe that's what God was trying to tell me. He has a reason in everything He does.
"Service for mankind", the motto of St. John Ambulance. What we often learned was what to say to the casualty to calm him down, to reassure him. We treat him with everything we have, and most of the time, no, and all the time (during our trainings), our job ends when the qualified medical personnel or the ambulance takes over. What we never learned was how to deal with the family members of those victims.. Who did not make it. I just.. Didn't know what to say. My body system does not respond that good when it comes to times where I have to deal with such.. True situations. YJ said it's not our job for that.. But imagine that. They need your support so much and you just don't know what to do.. Sad, isn't it.
This, too, reminds me of my ambition. Being a surgeon had always been my dream since I was eight. As I grew up, I learned a little more things. Not that much though, just a little. I come to learn that being a surgeon, or even a doctor, won't be easy. It's not like what they show in the TV. Where you get to 'play' with all those equipments and scissors and stuffs, no, it's not just that. You'd have to sort of be a 24-hours-available machine - because you rest so little, and moreover, your life would be rather, sad. That is the hardest part of all. You don't save every life that is counting on you. Because sometimes it's already too late when they reached to your hands and you'll go like, if only I was there earlier. I get very emotional all the time, that's why my mom recommended me to be a pharmacist instead of a surgeon. I was already about to forgo and forget my dream of becoming a surgeon. But this reminded me of my purpose of such ambition I had. And I'm very certain of it now. I want to save lives. Besides living to glorify God and bring more people into His kingdom, I want Him to use me to save lives here.
Life is short, and very often things don't go your way. When life seems miserable and all hope seems lost, cry if you must, but stop trying to put the blame on anyone at all. Instead, make the most out of what you have. Learn more from life. Life is like that - unpredictable, so people, live like you're dying - you never know what comes next in life.
Romans 8:28 -"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him,who have been called according to his purpose."
Thank You Jesus for the three who made it. Thank You, Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment