Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Kind of.

Back to Tuesday. Really, time?


Today was rather productive. Oh, Happy Deepavali to all, if it still isn't too late to wish. :)

I was assigned the opening shift today, which explains how my day even get its chance to be productive. You see, a shift typically lasts for 8 hours, and the opening shift starts at 7AM (my store opens at 7:30AM). In a way, I am forced to make my day productive by starting it right - getting up early. The lesser I sleep, the more things I get to accomplish. This is the very reason why I love doing opening shifts the most. After work, I would still have more than half of the day to myself, to do many other (useless) things I usually do.

Only, that was not the case today. (Nevertheless my day continues to be productive.)

Because there was a Deepavali promotion, which I had absolutely no knowledge about until a customer asked about it this morning. Apparently, it was publicized in Starbucks Malaysia's Facebook page and The Sun newspaper, which I had not the luck to stumble upon either one yesterday.



The deal was so good it was almost unbelievable. Between 12-2pm this afternoon, anyone, at all, regardless of  their age, race, gender, religion, nationality, was entitled to claim TWO COMPLIMENTARY Grande-sized Frappuccino blended beverage, with the choice of either Red Bean Green Tea or Caramel Tea Jelly, or both, by just walking into the store, get their receipts, get in line, and simply, wait for it. For two solid hours I had to stand at the cash register without being able to even contribute in making those drinks. Which was a good thing, anyway, because I had never enjoyed making Frappuccino blended beverages. And the cold beverage station was a huge mess, with everyone constantly moving about performing their magic in making those 300+ drinks actually happen, so I am thankful for my position. The two hours of continuous business (or, not) had left us much to do after that, so I had to extend my working hours. Which was also a good thing, because today is a public holiday, and Labour Law exists.

I got home around 6 and swam. I swam, and swam, and swam, until it was a bit too dark for such activity. And I felt so good I was actually, for the first time in weeks, happy about my own decisions and actions.

And then after my bath and dinner, I began my attempt in editing an essay which I have completed yesterday. I ended up changing almost 90% of the essay, and by the end of my almost brand new essay, I really felt good about it. I do not know why, and I am well aware that it is stupid for me to do so, but I seem to have put in particularly much effort on this one. After spending a total of almost 5 hours on a supposedly 300-word essay (ha...ha...ha...), I submitted my essay to the e-forum (another college nonsense I have to bear with), and boy I wish I were able to grade myself. Well, kind of.

On another note, I got my new Sharpie today.

I feel kind of good.

No comments: