Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Suay/If Only

Today I'll share about how suay (um, bad?) I sometimes feel. Not like fall down and hurt myself that very suay type la, but seriously, exciting things happen whenever I'm not around. And bad things happen when I am around. (I spilled some food in my aunt's car and then the next day I almost burn down the house while heating up my lunch and then the next day I broke a percelein bowl in my first attempt to make some spaghetti carbonara. Three consecutive days of suay-ness, true story, my aunt can confirm that.)

So here's some of the things that I have missed out (WHICH I'M NOT SUPPOSE TO), or just simply, the suay things that happened to me lately:

1. Fly FM's Pagi Rock Crew road trip to Starbucks TTDI, the place where I work

No explanation for this. I think I was doing the closing shift the night before so I was really tired, I don't think I can wake up at 5AM the next day to help them set up their things and all. But when I woke up that dreadful morning I started to regret. Like, what was I thinking? They're people from a national radio station! How rare does this happen why didn't I make the effort if don't want to work at least go and see la blah blah blah. Sheesh.

If only I had made the effort to wake up and at least see how it's like! Mehh.

2. Hollywood actress Serinda Swan's visit to - yeah you got it - THE PLACE I WORK


Haha. Just. Haha. A celebrity. In my work palce. When I wasn't working. Haha. It was a Thursday, also the day I took my last paper for my mid-term exam. Normally I would work in the evening should my class end earlier than 4. But that day, on that particular day, I decided to take the day off, simply because I thought that I should relax after this two-day exam (seriously) instead of rushing up and down to get to my work place on time. Hence I did the usual, haning out in the mall looking at pretty things and oh I even paid to play the paino haha. Little did I know that I was actually missing the chance to meet, and even work with a Hollywood Actress! I only found out the next day ROAR. Serinda acted in Tron Legacy, Percy Jackson: The Lightning Theif, Smallville and more. She was here for the second episode of theLIFEpad interview. For more info look up in Starbuck's Facebook page. After the interview she came into the bar and made some drinks.. Yeah. I could have been in the bar.

If only I wasn't that lazy and had not take the day off.

3. KDU January 2012 Scholarship Presentation Ceremony


Just about two weeks ago. I had no idea about the whole event until I saw the pictures on Facebook days later. Curious, I asked my fellow classmate (who is also under a scholarship program) about it. She told me she was informed by her friend who was informed by the brother. No letters or e-mails? No. Not at all. Apparently they put up a notice on the notice board in the DJ campus and expected everyone to read it, including the students from the SS13 campus. They also expect students who were having their semester break, e.g. ME to know about the ceremony by just simply putting up a piece of paper on the notice board. Never mind. I then went and ask about my certificate (my friend told me that each of them were given one) and that's the part where it started to piss me off. The event organizer told me that I am not allowed to have a certificate since I did not attend the ceremony. According to her, certificates will only be given out to those who made the effort to show up, and it would be unfair to them if she had given out certificates to those who did not. That was the point where I felt like slapping her GOD PLEASE DON'T LET HER READ THIS. But seriously. How is it fair to me then? If they think that a piece of notice is enough, they should think again. I was so mad about it that I even started to develop negative feelings and thoughts about that place YOU DID NOT READ THIS. I know, it's just a piece of certificate stating that [your name] is under a [scholarship program name] in [college name]. It may be just that simple but what if, in the future, it isn't? What if someone had a better advantage than I do just because of that annoying certificate? Bah.

If only I - wait this has nothing to do with me. All I can say is that if only I wasn't that suay. Whatever.

4. Matriculation

I did not get it. I got Form 6 instead. Now my only hope to persue Science stream is gone. Just gone. My friend told me that they only accept students with 7A+'s and above. Haha. I got 6. Suay or not you tell me.

If only I had started studying my Sejarah wayyyyyyyyyyy earlier HAHAHA.


There are still a few very suay occasions I think but I can't think of any more right now. What I can think of, right now, are the exciting things that I am going to miss out during the next few days where I am not going to be around because I'll be on a vacation to Hong Kong, the very birth place of our beloved 9gag. Among them are:

1. Watching Avengers for free with my aunt and uncle on Friday

She was able to get complimentary tickets because work stuffs. Who doesn't want to watch Avengers for free?


If only I'm around.

2. SMK Alor Akar's Hari Anugerah on Saturday

I'm not sure whether I'm invited or not though. But I am sure that I'll be meeting many of my beloved friends should I go back to Kuantan. I miss them dearly. I miss being in a class together where funny, stupid, bad things happen. We were all together back then. Sigh.

If only I'm around.

3. Fly FM's event in Starbucks TTDI.... again


Yeah... I'm missing it AGAIN. Fly FM. In my work place. TWICE. Not around during both times.

I'm only I'm around.

4. The chance to win a computer

Went to my first IT class this Monday and the lecturer mentioned that he's gonna invite another lecturer to give a talk on the inside of the computer. He would hold a competition the following week or after, which I would not be able to take part because I wouldn't know what to do, as the competition is based on what the guest lecturer had taught us. The person who fixes the computer the fastest, wins, and therefore shall be given the honour to walk away with the computer. I know, I know, what are the chances for me to win you ask. Well I don't know either but maybe, just maybe, maybe I'm actually good at this! I just never knew because I was never exposed to such thing. That may be the turning point of my life! Okay just maybe.

If only I'm around.


Alright I think that's about it. Actually I won't call it 'suay' for missing the things here just because I won't be around. I'll be on a vacation! A good one hopefully. The most exciting part to me is getting to eat a pork burger from McDonald's. Second exciting part is that this would be my first time boarding a plane, true story. Third exciting part is how I'm going to clean my super messy room and also do the huge pile of laundry and also pack for the trip and also make another Tiramisu all by tonight because my family would be here tomorrow evening and sadly I would be working in the morning and having class in the afternoon tomorrow which gives no more space to procrastinate.

No comments: