Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Exciting and Inspiring
MY SISTER bought me a mighty box of Hello Panda biscuits. It is exciting and inspiring. I am probably telling you this because I cannot find anything else in this room happier than the colourful confetti and the party hats imprinted on the box. Unless you think I am the happiest thing in this room, which would be something near criminal to think about. It is just that wrong. I am nineteen and I still take more than five centuries to decide what to pick from menus. I don't like to talk to people because I think that they just lie all the time. I want to make things better but I don't believe in things any more. My life, this being, is that wrong. And it worries me a lot. It worries me so much I will take up hours worrying tiny, possibly insignificant things like this instead of worrying about what's coming in the nearer future, such as the quiz I am to take in less than seven hours' time. And then I will try worrying about bigger things. Picturing, hoping a little. Where will I be in January? Will I be pursuing my Degree course already? Will I be spending some time back home learning how to cook? Or will I still be wearing my green apron? At some point before I sleep, I would often recall what someone inspiring had once said about being in one's own world. I guess I have gradually accepted that that's where I have been a really long time now, because no one can understand me any more, not even myself - because I hate talking to people. But my sister bought me a mighty box of Hello Panda biscuits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment