Warning: I think this is gonna be a very long post. I just think so.
As I have written, I felt completely empty once I'm done with my SPM examination. So empty I almost forgot what life is all about. And this still applies to me right now. Four weeks ago I woke up with nothing to play on the computer, nothing to watch on the TV, and I couldn't even drive. This morning afternoon I woke up at 1, played the Sims, watched How I Met Your Mother (I LOVE YOU ALISSON WONG), and still cannot drive. So yeah I'm more or less the same as how I was a month ago.
Well thankfully, for you, with the existence of several events during this very miserable period of my life, in this post, you won't just read about my never ending rants and complains. SPOILER ALERT: there will be pictures, too!
I cannot believe that I just spent an hour on this. But evidence says it all.
Event #1: Trip to Genting Highland with classmates
We've been talking about this ever since our trial exam in September. Had it not been for Jamie, this trip would not have happened at all. Our accommodation was totally free of charge, a very generous offer from Jamie's mother who somehow got free stays at the Awana Ria Apartment. 15 of in a two-room apartment... Created much memories. Unfortunately there were bad and really stupid ones too but thank God it did not affect much. Based on the above calender, yes, we actually departed from Kuantan on Wednesday night at 11pm, and yes, we reached there at 2 in the morning - with not a place to stay and not a thing to do. Among the activities we forced ourselves to do (WE HAVE NO PLACE TO SLEEP YO) were eating at 3am, taking pictures almost everywhere, exploring places floors above floors and then finally, we decided to rest outside one random bowling outlet, like this
The first morning was loooooooooooooooooooooooong, but the following days were so short they just passed by like that. All in all it was really a memorable trip - it was the last time we did something together as not only classmates, but also very, very good friends. So good that I feel this trip deserves a post entirely about itself. We'll see if I have the time. This trip, for me, ended with multiple group photos but here's the best one I think...
Event #2: Shopping - like a boss - in KL
I sincerely hope that I will repent. I was really out of my mind when it comes to this walking-non-stop-but-doesn't-qualify-to-be-categorized-as-an-exercise activity called shopping. This sense of guilt is eating me up as I write about this. Goodness. Such a shame. I.. I just... I cannot explain. I have very clearly told myself not to overspend... But I.. I.. Oh this is so so sooooooooooo sad. It's like... It's like getting drunk. Yeah. Whenever I made a purchase it certainly did not go through my brain. Just like the things people do when they are drunk, you know. And only after the whole wild night of fun and fake awesomeness... They wake up feeling sick, so sick that they hated themselves for what they did the night before. I'm just in the same situation. After 5 long days of shopping (that's how long I was drunk for) I finally sat down, and started to think, rationally. It's like something overtook my mind whenever I made any UNNECESSARY but very pretty purchase... Oh why. Why couldn't I take control of myself. WHYYYYYY. I'm so broke now. And I couldn't earn by getting a job any more because well.. Read on. Sigh. Here's how I looked like when I was drunk with the obsession for pretty things:
Event #3: HUGE Camp at Port Dickson
After all these years of YLDP, I finally decided to try something new. It was, indeed, very different from the camps I have attended for the past few years. One very clear examples I could name was the schedule. Back then in YLDP, we our schedule was so packed I did not even have the time to refill the water in my bottle. True story. I had to do whatever I had to in a rush. Whereas in HUGE, we had an average of 6 hours break.. And that did not even include our sleeping time. So yeah it's something new and different. But of course one thing remains the same - the purpose of these camps. For every camp I have attended God was definitely there, and His message was of course well delivered by the speakers. Yes, everything went so well, everyone was once again restored and refreshed, but do we all continue to live like that once a camp is over? That's the real challenge.
I could not bear the awesomeness of sunlight..
And by THIS, I meant -

This. It still remains incomplete. I HATE YOU THE SIMS.
So there. The subtopics for this post. Pretty much says everything about my past December - how I ended by far the longest chapter in my life story. December began with something so, I don't know, scary? But eventually the scariest of all will end, and sure enough it did. To be honest, I was so blinded by the whole SPM thing that I did not even realize the very few days we have left to live as a For 5 student until the very last of them. I'm not sure if I had appreciated what I had, I wish I did. There won't be any chance we'll dressing up like this -

- and do crazy things only kids would do, because the truth be told, time moves on - and people do, too. Sad, but true. Things change, people change. They won't be the same any more. And I definitely do not like the idea of 'change', because I fear that things would not go the way I want them to be. I fear that things would go bad, I fear that 'change' and I would not get along. But changes are inevitable. I cannot remain 17 forever, I have to look forward and move on, because life keeps going on - and I cannot do anything about that. The future is something we all can never see thus we cannot know for sure what to expect, and that's what makes it scary, but I cannot just stick to the past just because I'm familiar with it. Too much of words in a paragraph what seemed pointless?
I'm moving on. I'll be starting college (hate how that sounded) this coming Monday. And that's not the worst part.. Wait til you read that I'll be taking Accounting instead of Science/Medicine/Anything That Allows Me To Cut Up People. Yeah. How awesome would this world be had I not fill in the scholarship form, right? Yeah. But the decision is already made. Because I know I had to. Not everyone was blessed by straight A's (couldn't stress more that it was only in black and white) in their trial exam... But I was. Not everyone who applied for the scholarship was blessed by 100% tuition fee waiver... But I was. So yeah. I love free things. I also love to stop practising the art of wasting time. Furthermore I love to say that sometimes, we have to do what we have to, even though it isn't what we want to. While all my very beloved humans have 3 months of free time before the SPM results are out, I will be stu-wait for it.. dying. Away from home. Far from loved ones. Not getting a job and earn some money. Awesome isn't it? Unlike most of the humans I know, I would very much prefer to stay in Kuantan even for the next two years for form 6. I;m just not ready to leave yet but I know, you don;t have time to get ready for things. Sometimes you just have to do it. When a car is approaching at a very high velocity, you just do it. You don't get ready to avoid. You do what you have to. And this is exactly what I am doing. I'm leaving my comfort zone. I'm looking forward to new things. This is change. And I'm hoping, so badly, that it will be a good one.
On the other hand there is still one thing that remains the same, which is my full-time job as a procrastinator. :) WHY CAN'T I JUST CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I WANT TO WHY MUST THINGS ALWAYS GO AGAINST THE WAY I WANT THEM TO. Yeah I'm leaving on Monday and I still haven't pack a single thing. What's there to pack anyway? Clothings, footwear, toiletries, pencil case, bible, a note book, what else?
And that's how the new chapter of my life story begins. The end.

I could not bear the awesomeness of sunlight..
And by THIS, I meant -
This. It still remains incomplete. I HATE YOU THE SIMS.
So there. The subtopics for this post. Pretty much says everything about my past December - how I ended by far the longest chapter in my life story. December began with something so, I don't know, scary? But eventually the scariest of all will end, and sure enough it did. To be honest, I was so blinded by the whole SPM thing that I did not even realize the very few days we have left to live as a For 5 student until the very last of them. I'm not sure if I had appreciated what I had, I wish I did. There won't be any chance we'll dressing up like this -

- and do crazy things only kids would do, because the truth be told, time moves on - and people do, too. Sad, but true. Things change, people change. They won't be the same any more. And I definitely do not like the idea of 'change', because I fear that things would not go the way I want them to be. I fear that things would go bad, I fear that 'change' and I would not get along. But changes are inevitable. I cannot remain 17 forever, I have to look forward and move on, because life keeps going on - and I cannot do anything about that. The future is something we all can never see thus we cannot know for sure what to expect, and that's what makes it scary, but I cannot just stick to the past just because I'm familiar with it. Too much of words in a paragraph what seemed pointless?
I'm moving on. I'll be starting college (hate how that sounded) this coming Monday. And that's not the worst part.. Wait til you read that I'll be taking Accounting instead of Science/Medicine/Anything That Allows Me To Cut Up People. Yeah. How awesome would this world be had I not fill in the scholarship form, right? Yeah. But the decision is already made. Because I know I had to. Not everyone was blessed by straight A's (couldn't stress more that it was only in black and white) in their trial exam... But I was. Not everyone who applied for the scholarship was blessed by 100% tuition fee waiver... But I was. So yeah. I love free things. I also love to stop practising the art of wasting time. Furthermore I love to say that sometimes, we have to do what we have to, even though it isn't what we want to. While all my very beloved humans have 3 months of free time before the SPM results are out, I will be stu-wait for it.. dying. Away from home. Far from loved ones. Not getting a job and earn some money. Awesome isn't it? Unlike most of the humans I know, I would very much prefer to stay in Kuantan even for the next two years for form 6. I;m just not ready to leave yet but I know, you don;t have time to get ready for things. Sometimes you just have to do it. When a car is approaching at a very high velocity, you just do it. You don't get ready to avoid. You do what you have to. And this is exactly what I am doing. I'm leaving my comfort zone. I'm looking forward to new things. This is change. And I'm hoping, so badly, that it will be a good one.
On the other hand there is still one thing that remains the same, which is my full-time job as a procrastinator. :) WHY CAN'T I JUST CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I WANT TO WHY MUST THINGS ALWAYS GO AGAINST THE WAY I WANT THEM TO. Yeah I'm leaving on Monday and I still haven't pack a single thing. What's there to pack anyway? Clothings, footwear, toiletries, pencil case, bible, a note book, what else?
And that's how the new chapter of my life story begins. The end.



No comments:
Post a Comment