Many a time we think that we know things, and it is indeed true, that we do know things. Many of them. And when we know so many things we feel like... The president of USA. (He's the most powerful man on earth, no?) And now when I realize that fact, I despise the feeling of being so powerful and in control.
Sometimes in life, you don't go to places to learn something. You go there, to be reminded of something. Very often there are so many things going on in our lives that we don't treat them equally, we prioritize things and the rest, we neglect them and soon neglect turns into forget.
Forgetting is one of the worst thing that could ever happen to me. Once I forgot to pay some registration fees and it caused me hell for two days. Not only that, forgetting also costed me undesired troubles, my reputation, and even a phone and some sim cards. And many more but ironically, I've forgotten what forgetting caused me.
On Sunday, I was reminded to do something only God can do so well - to forgive. I have forgotten that life could be so much better to live when we forgive and let go of the baggage of burden in our heart. We know, oh yes we know that we should forgive and love one another. But do we practice that or even remember that? I know I did not.
Jesus' final words, mustering all the strength gasping for air, fighting excruciating pain, He said these:
"Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."
Great is the Lord God Almighty.
No comments:
Post a Comment