Saturday, November 14, 2015

Penang, June 2015





















Now isn't exactly the time for this but this tab has been opened and reopened for the longest time. Each time I open Chrome and see these endless tabs I feel like my computer's expiry is imminent. Just like my college life (YES!).

I want to relate how I felt when these photos were taken to how I feel this instant as these syllabuses are typed, but I can't. We are now two different entities.

Exactly six months ago I was probably building up my excitement for this trip. Right now I'm mentally building the arena in which I will soon throw a farewell party to these... Materials. Books, notes, stationeries, papers, articles, you name them. There will be balloons.

So, back in June I entered the famous Penang territory for the first time in my unexciting life. It was a trip too hot and too short. I remember being toasted. (Someday I'll be toasted to.) That was the day I decided that sunblock does not do its name justice, at all. I kept in mind that I ought to utilize every second I dedicated to this little island, so despite the intense heat I kept going, drenched on the outside and dried to the bones on the inside. The Ayer Itam Asam Laksa was my favourite of all the food we tried. I would happily down ten bowls of it had I been blessed with the stomach that of a carnivorous cow. In the span of one and a half day we visited a t a temple, walked through some jetties, discover some street arts, went to a concert, wasted some time at a mall, tried out a cafe and had tonnes of food, of which most I decided wasn't picture-worthy. From this trip I've learned that careful planning is always good.

I'll be back soon.

No comments: