Thursday, October 15, 2015

This inconsistency.

I think writing is a very beautiful thing to do. I admire people who write well and I'm looking forward to the day I admire myself. Like pictures, writing essentially portray moments and give you an idea of how its like to be in some place else, someone else's shoes, or even some others' mind. Above all, it is able to make moments permanent. And for that and many more reasons, I love writing. Or perhaps, as demonstrated here, loved. I stopped writing and sharing here because I found out that I really do not like it when people know more than they should. (I was young when this space was created.)

But tonight, tonight I feel slightly different. Tonight I write because I want to immortalize this snowball of feelings I've been feeling for the past one year and a half. Because I don't want this to be forgotten. And one day when I'm gone, at least, at the very least, I can count on the internet to remember this:

I feel thankful to have met you. I really do. I never knew the extent to which I am capable of opening up to another being, and one fateful day everything changed. Sometimes I still wonder whether it's even humanly possible, or safe for one to share, to talk so much, but when we start talking (ie me speaking you pretending to be listening), the world melts away, and I'm in my safe haven. I hate most of the things in this world, and I am thankful that you understand without judging me. I am thankful that when I'm with you, I am able to find my little corner of peace, despite all the chaos, all the life that's happening around us. I am thankful that you have allowed me to be part of your life, and you, a huge part of mine.

I am thankful that you make me know that I am loved, everyday, without even needing to use words. I used to not know that. Love really was just an overused word. But with you, I feel flooded with love in the littlest of your actions. The way you always listen to my blabbers patiently. How you fulfil my ice-cream cravings even when you've restricted yourself from it. When you walked all the way back to your car to get your jacket because you thought I need it (which I really did thank you). And when you shared your nasi lemak with me, which you really didn't have to because lately I've picked up a new hobby and it's called cooking.

Tonight we sang again. I love it when we communicate via non-existent songs because (creativity. I like that and we lack that and we need to practice on that.) I love seeing how comfortable you can be. I love how you trust me enough to be silly and childish together. I love it when we can be the most original versions of ourselves, I love being in a place (car) where people (we) don't judge (us). I love how you can make me laugh so easily, sometimes I feel rather useless for not being able to do the same to you. But when you laugh, oh believe me, that's my favourite sound in the world. And that's a sound I do not want to forget, ever.

Here's to more laughter, here's to more love.



And here's enough pizza toppings for the rest of your life.

No comments: