Saturday, January 3, 2015

Supper

Not long ago as I encountered my latest version of mid-life crisis, it dawned upon me that 1. I got this all wrong and 2. the only thing I am still good at is being a complete idiot and 3. nobody in their right mind would want to employ me.

At supper time, it suddenly became necessary to mention no. 3 to my parents, because maybe 1. I needed reassurance from them, or maybe 2. I was giving some sort of advance notice of what to expect from this girl who once claimed 'I got this', or, you know, 3. I was just being annoying. My dad would talk about what good accountants do, my mum would tell me things I already know but never bothered to practice.

The next time I have supper with them, I want them to be annoyed by the fact that I don't work for them.

Ha.

No comments: