Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Unprepared - in all ways

This post is not at all suitable for jealous people, especially those type with abilities to end one's life because I have absolute zero interest in being the 'one'. Also, please be warned that his may (or may not, I don't know) be a long tedious post as I just have to pen down every single detail that happened on Sunday. Putting aside a long, never-ending list of to-dos which include reading Catching Fire (I reached the part full of monkeys), cut my split ends, start watching Running Man, removing my nail paints (sheet I just remembered), and also posting about my long ago Hong Kong trip, I am determined to finish this post tonight by all means. And you could tell just how much this very Sunday means to me - and also the lessons learned from it - by measuring how much I am giving up to write this post.

I really wanted to finish the book, okay.

Anyway, for those who don't know what happened on Sunday yet, I MET RYAN HIGA FOR REAL!!! For those who already knew, well, I still met Ryan Higa. And it's still for real. Which is really odd, actually, because just a few months back while I was watching one of his videos I had a random thought to myself that, I wonder what would it take for such a great , unique star like him to come over to Malaysia... or something like that. I don't remember exactly what ran through my mind but I did allow myself to walk into a brief imagination. I pictured him coming here, and then snapped off the idea because I knew that it would not happen in a million years. Or, at least I thought I know.

It's really, really strange you know, because it was as if God heard that mere thought of mine so loudly Himself that He had no choice but to arrange this miracle in order to shut that what seem like an annoyingly loud thought of mine up. Just like the way he arranged the ministry of education to accept me into Matrics after one day in some part of the freezing cold KDU library he heard me telling myself very firmly in my head that someday, somehow, I am going to be a doctor. EMAHGERD I'VE GOT TO STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

To start off the whole story, I would first like to thank God, very much, for allowing this to happen. Really. It's not something I ever expect to happen, so the morning I saw his tweet about his tour in Malaysia, I was elated, although in some sort of disbelief. I would also like to thank Soulmanna Live for planning all of it, for making this happen. Thank you, dear Ryan, for finally coming to Malaysia. Thank you pilots and crews and all the people that helped Ryan make it here safely. And I also want to thank my sister for sitting in front of the computer even before 6PM on the day Ticket Hotline released the tickets while I had to go for work. Thank you mummy, for the standard ticket and not objecting at my madness. Thank you uncle and aunt for fetching me there. Finally a big thank you to myself, for paying a hundred bucks and the opportunity cost for meeting and greeting Ryan, also for just simply being alive to make it happen.

Oh something happened and I've got to go. I'll be back tomorrow continuing this post as if I have completed in tonight. Good luck with that, though.

No comments: