Monday, March 12, 2012

My college life thus far.



Pictures below were taken and uploaded here weeks ago or so, but I wasn't able to find the right time to blog about this. The editing and uploading process took me more than two hours, by the time I've uploaded everything here I decided that I was too tired to blog about it. Now isn't a really good time to blog about this either (I'm sick, very), but then I realized that my first semester is ending next week, and not a single update was given here. Which is wrong at some level, because it may seem like I've never had this college freshman phase in my life and you may think that I made up the whole thing about college. So here it is - a post about my college life thus far, with pictures more than words, I predict. My apologies for that.


I do not remember whether or not I've mentioned it here - the college I'm currently studying in is, as you have already seen above, KDU College. KDU University College. KDU. Whichever you prefer. Basically there's two branches of this college here - Damansara Jaya campus and Petaling Jaya (SS13) campus (School of Business and Law). These two campuses are around 10 minutes away from each other, by car of course. I'm currently staying with my aunt nearby the DJ campus, so every morning, say 9AM, she would drop me there before she goes to work. Then later, depending on what time my class starts, I would take the shuttle van (there's a ride every half an hour) from the DJ campus to the SS13 campus - I'm currently taking diploma in accountancy. Oh God, why. Why am I not studying the human body right now. BAH. 


Oh to avoid confusion while reading this post, let me clarify that pictures come first, then only the words about them, okay? Okay.

I'm starting off with the DJ Campus.

The pictures above were taken from the DJ campus, Ground floor. As you can see, there are lots of facilities here, which none of them could be found in the SS13 campus. Sad. But it's okay for me because I come here everyday... And have basically nothing to do other than waiting for the van to depart. The ATM machine would be useful once in a blue moon though. I've never used the vending machine so I can't tell how good it is. And what you see at the right bottom corner of the picture is, actually, a cafe completely run by the culinary students, I guess. Haven't got the chance to visit it though. Or shall I say, the guts. (I'm always afraid of trying new things, especially when I'm alone. True story.)



Oh yes, here, we have a 1901 Hot Dogs stall of our own. Back in Kuantan the only way to get one of these hot dogs is to watch a movie at GSC. I'm not even lying. 



Here's the HUGE cafeteria from one point of view. Colourful and cheerful. A lot of stalls, but I've only tried one. For reason please refer to a few pictures back.



Then we have this very creepy, old lift that would start moving before the door closes completely. Every time I take it I would observe. I'm sick aren't I.Second picture was taken from the 1st floor. After taking that picture, I turned to my right, and took the next picture here, which is the outside of the huge auditorium. Did not manage to take a photo of the inside because, uh, I can't. And I have no idea why did I take a picture of this blue thing here at the right bottom corner. I also have no idea why did I put it into this picture. It's a Kiosk system that enables us to check our credit balance we have in our student card.. Or something. The only time I ever used machine was when I had to pay a fine of 6 bucks for the late return of two books to the library. Students also use the student card to pay for parking. Why would they do that anyway?


Oh, and this is the best part of the college. My favourite thing about college, as a matter of fact. A water dispenser on every floor. Just brilliant. This thing here has literally lighten my burden - I used to carry four litese of water to school (2 bottles of 2 litres) every day. With the existence of this thing, life has been made so much easier. I applaude for thy existence.


This, on the 2nd floor, is the computer lab - the place I would spend my time wasting it (ha, ha) on the days where my class starts any later than 10AM. This place has like um, five rooms full of computers (Windows 7, whoooooo), and all students are allowed to use the labs when there's no class held. The internet connection is strong, the only bad/sad thing about it is that it only has Internet Explorer. You cannot even imagine my pain. Nonetheless, this is a very important place for me, because besides playing the role of time killer (slow one, though), it also provides me my daily dosage of 9gag - it would be very miserable if I don't take it regularly.



This is the 3rd floor. The resource center, better known as the library, is so much advanced in every aspect that I cannot even compare with SMKAA. I'm sorry. I love my secondary school but facts are facts. Right next to it, as you can see in the last photo, is the gaming room. Yes, they have all kinds of games in there, from board games to video games - you name it, they have it. I've never been in there as only members of the Gaming Club are allowed in it. And you know why am I not a member. Haha haha haha. Sigh.



The inside of the library! I could have taken a better photo with a wider view but there's many people there in the morning. And I refuse to look like a retard in front of them. Hence this retarded picture in front of you.


Now I'm taking you to the SS13 Campus via the shuttle van which photo was taken but not uploaded here. My bad.


It may look good and new and big on the outside... But really, there is nothing much inside, trust me. The very first photo in the picture, that's one big block of lecture rooms. That is all. The second photo on the right side, here, shows the shuttle van parked in front of the library building. Offices and the computer labs are located in the same building. Is it even right to call it a building? Oh this post is getting sloppy.



No description available.



The computer lab by its own in the first photo, next to it shows the computers in the library. They may look newer and more appealing than the ones in the DJ campus, but the computers here are so... Frustrating. I've had many problems with them. It's either I cannot log in, or the internet connection is weak, or the computer is so, so slow I wanna flip the table. Oh we're using Windows XP here by the way. Then we have this photo of the ONLY 5 shelf units in our library. Yes, it's the truth. The amount of books here is not even a-third of the one at DJ's. Here, most of them concern business and law, as, as I have stated, the SS13 campus is a Business and Law School. Last photo shows the arrangement of the tables and seats in the library.



This, my friend, is the... Canteen? Cafeteria? Poor vocabulary. Sorry about that. As you can see in the second photo, the eating/studying area is actually right next to the library (refer last photo is picture above). It's a good place to sit at when the temperature inside the library falls to an unbearable level. One major difference between college and school was the air-cond. HAH. I thought that I would love it but turns out that sometimes I would rather sit under the fan in my classroom, sweating like mad. When it's cold, there's really nothing much I could do about it if I do not have a sweater with me. Alright, back to the canteen (I'll just stick with this name 'cause it seems legit?). The choice of food here is not as much as the DJ campus - there's basically only a stall here. But overall the food is good on both sides.


Two of the many meals I've had at both campus. Above is from DJ, below is from SS13.



Some photos of the inside of the Ground floor of the 4-story building. Nothing much.



Lastly, a picture of what I face everyday. I would take a bus to One Utama, and then from there another ride back home.


End of boring post! Finally. That's about it... College life isn't that fun though. Not yet, hopefully. But life is definitely getting better day by day, now that I've succeeded in getting myself a job. Praise be to the Lord! I no longer find myself having nothing to do. Sometimes it's tiring, and I don't have time for TV and computer at home now - I'm only home to eat, bathe and sleep basically - but I'll cope on that. Aunts and uncle are taking great care of me, the people at work are warm and friendly, and happy. Life is good, and I'll write more about this soon, hopefully.


Just in case you don't like pictures of my college, here's a picture of a handmade Mr. ALLbert by yours truly (all rights reserved):



Give God ALL the glory!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Once you've enrolled in a university, see to it that you have been to all of its places. You will love to have a spot in a university where you can study and relax as well. Just like in Porter International University, my child enjoy his college life. He said its a beautiful university.