Perhaps it was only just a dream.
After completing my task as a secondary school student here, I would leave my very much happy, colourful, yet childish life for good. I would leave my home as well. I would pack only my important belongings, hop on to a taxi and send myself to the airport. I would take as many flights as I must to get to a beautiful place... Most probably Italy. Yes, a vacation. I would explore everything good in life over there, all alone. Even though that means backing out from everything better here, in Malaysia, I would still go on with what I started because I know I have to give myself some time, some space which I think I deserve. There, I would get the peace, the tranquillity and the serendipity I never had. I would walk to places with the sceneries often featured in movies, snap beautiful pictures, and I would sit on a bench in a park, reading words in an alien language. I would hold Vericilla - my brand new iPod in my hand, and a bi-language dictionary on the other, learning to sound like nothing I have ever sounded like. I would see how people live, I would eat various kinds of food, I would enjoy the fresh breaths of a new hope there. Leaving everything I have built up here all these while, I would be a stranger to everyone and everything there, and everyone and everything there would be a stranger to me, even myself in both ways. That would be the best time for myself to really know who I am, what I want, and what should my life be all about, for I would be the only thing that matters to myself. I would not keep in contact with anyone or anything at all from the place I backed out from. No Facebook, no Twitter, not even Skype. All the time I have would go to myself. Pardon me if I do sound somewhat selfish, but maybe, just maybe, this is what I need in order to build myself a strong mind with maturity, to find my own identity, to be the person I have always wanted myself to be. It wouldn't take long anyway, a few weeks will do, I promise. Until then, I shall vanish from this poorly-led life I am experiencing now. But if I do not return, that would mean I loved myself better with nobody else to share my life with, which, obviously, strongly infringes my principle of living a happy life.
If only dreams were meant to come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment