The past three weeks had been lived well. With the favour of some carbonated drinks (contains caffeine), the unending push from people of various kind, a little bit of kiasi (and a tinge of kiasu) spirit, I was able to sink into the isolated, cold, but sensible world that has been waiting for me since forever. The routine is almost familiar to me now. I wake up from those mere hours of sleep, I regret, I go to school, I get horrified for I have not stuff in necessary things, I regret, I pray, I sit for my papers, I go home, I sleep for a very generously long time, I wake up and regret, I procrastinate, and then I torture my tiny brain at late night - because I just have to. The cycle goes on and on, and that is how well I have lived for the past three weeks.
Yes, for the second time, you have read it right. The past three weeks. I refuse to comment further on my never-changing not-going-to-study-until-the-day-before-exam habit. Or worse. It has become an infectious disease initiated from my very heart, pumping out mutated life-blood that fed the arteries of my being with each disastrous beat of it, leaving me with nothing but a soul of nothingness, hence the pathetic way I carry out my life.
I recall saying not to comment further on that.
The phenomenon of every head literally bowed to a ninety-degree angle with their eyes fixed sternly at what the books or notes have to say was no longer stranger to the Form Five students. The body of silence - or peace I call it, was my favourite part. Noiselessness just took over as time began running faster and faster. Those who are able to catch up with time will secretly, but definitely enjoy answering the questions, while the unfortunate ones (for instance, me) who just cannot catch up with time, will experience the hours of the exam dragging by, endlessly. Then when time dragged no more,
Occasionally, one of the boys in the class would say it out loud. Yes, 'all is well,' and then everyone got back to their own business. Rancho, from Three Idiots had said:
Our heart scares easily, you have to trick it. However big the problem, tell your heart, 'all is well, pal'.The problem we face, of course, would not be solved by just like that. But we will gain the courage to face be it a chemical equation or a mathematical equation or the stupidest question that terrified our mind, by tricking your heart. Does it really work? Go try for yourself. (Yes of course, the exam paper is already on the table and we have to face it already.)
Nonetheless, Johnny English had played a ridiculous part in one of the days in the past three weeks. Eating good food, watching the last episode of Grey's, they were all there. I couldn't bear myself to glue my whole body to the chair and have my mind cramped in with all sorts of unfamiliar terms without being happy. So yes, I have lived well for the past three weeks. I could conclude that I did whatever I had to do to make myself a happy and able-to-study person. I have lived well.
Next up will be the post which I have pined to write for too long.
All is well.
No comments:
Post a Comment