Thursday, July 2, 2026

Today, I am -


Feeling the blues.

I am staring out a big, ceiling-height window (the early human gets the best seat), plugging in soul-wrenching songs, taking it all in. Watching people running, in atonement for allowing themselves to indulge in that piece of cake the night before. Watching people taking photos of their tiny offspring in front of a tourist-laden building, so that this piece of digital artwork would serve as evidence to said offspring, ten or twenty years later, of the truth of having been here, in compensation of underdeveloped memory. Watching people swimming in the blue waters, because what better to do in this 15 degree celcius, sunny weather, and because it is a sin to not utilize all limbs bestowed upon your fortunate self on a day like this. Watching the thin white streaks trailing behind boats gliding past in the distance, and then fade into nothingness shortly after - watching the beginning and ending of their fleeting existence. Watching a former prison just exist and, be.

I am breaking the rules again - to hell with them today: sea salt caramel hot chocolate as my first intake. Sugar, lactose, broken fast. Oh, dare I further ascend by having a chocolate bar. (I do.)

I am reminded of how everything is a goddamn miracle - how everything and everyone carries on, resuming function, either by necessity or otherwise, despite (or, precisely because of) perpetually ongoing chaos, down to the molecular level.

I am also dangerously sleep-deprived.

No comments: