Past data suggest that every time I have something to say here, I am either bored, very much in love, or hella annoyed.
Today I write because I am absolutely livid.
(Well, I was. I have since removed myself from the situation and am currently sitting in a $500 chair in my pyjamas in a room with non-antartic temperature so I am much calmer now. Still, it lingers.)
Everyday I go to work I want to remove myself from the situation. On many occasions I even went as far as tempting fate. This can be done by placing a pair of chopsticks in a vertical position right in the centre of your box of Asian take-out meal. It has to be Asian because you need the mass of rice / noodles as a foundation to support said chopsticks' upright position. This method is not only limited to a take-out boxes though, I just prefer it that way because COVID and also I don't like to talk to people. To put it very mildly.
To no avail, of course.
I have since given up the idea and stopped the ritual and I now bring overnight oats for lunch. For the method above to work you really need patience, which is something I lost probably 56789 times in my entire duration at work.
And yes, today was one of those days. I don't know why I put myself through this, honestly. (I believe I know who, though, because I need someone to blame.) One thing I've always had trouble grasping is WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST LIVE THEIR LIVES AND LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE and also HOW AND WHY THE BLOODY HELL CAN ONE SO EASILY JUST WHIP NONSENSE OUT OF THIN AIR. Okay that was two. I really don't know how else to establish that I am in no way going to create a pocket of time out of my limited breathing seconds for unnecessary nonsense. If there is anything I can live without it's nonsense like this. And a job too, for now. I was this close to turning to my superior and saying my magic words today, which in my head goes like this: Please refrain from assigning me any further cases. When asked why, I will say, 'just, don't,' with a smile. When further pressured, I will say, 'my shelf-life is coming to an end.'
I need to capitalize on my emotions more.
No comments:
Post a Comment