Monday, December 31, 2018

Life in a Day

Here's how it goes in a day of my life: I wake up past noon, I count my remaining TUC (time of useful consciousness) until I have to sleep again, and I prepare for the night. I usually have about four hours to play with until I need to hit the sack again, and it's always never enough. Today I got up at 2+. My reporting is at 2355 tonight. This means I need to get out by 10:30pm, which means I need to wake up by 9pm, which also means I need to sleep by 6pm if I want to have a chance at a very good rest before work. (It also means that while everyone else is out there counting down and celebrating, we would have only been 5 minutes into work. Well.) So according to my calculations, my TUC is less than four hours. And if we are to abide by my calculations strictly, I'm supposed to be sleeping right now. But I'm not, yet, because I always feel like there's not enough time for everything. First thing I did after I got up today was to eat some good digestive biscuits from Marks & Spencers (only 75p, wow), and then I started to prepare for work. First I dread preparing, then I wrote down the name list, next I pasted the stickers on the bar order pad (my least favourite part of preparing), then I folded said stickers individually so that it's easier to be torn out later (my least favourite part of preparing), then I wrote down seat numbers for both aisle (my least favourite part of preparing). And then I had to pack, so I did (also my least favourite part of preparing). (I really hate preparing for work.) Subsequently I painted my nails. All twenty of them. Then because I'm going home after this, I needed to pack extra clothes and some extra junks I bought on previous trips to bring back. And because I only have a limited cubic centi meter to fill up, I need to decide which junk to bring with me, and which will be remain in my nail-polish-smelling room. Today I'm bringing three Christmas presents along with me, I hope my beautiful handwork of wrapping doesn't fall apart. I also hope the contents don't die. I'm kidding. I am against buying living things for people. Except flowers. Because flowers are lovely and brighten up people's day and is just a short-term commitment. I will never buy tortoises as a present to others.


[to be continued because I intend to have a great time at work tonight and the first step to such success is to have enough sleep, kthxbai brb]

No comments: